Gallery
- PM Modi visit USAOnly the mirror in my washroom and phone gallery see the crazy me : Sara KhanKarnataka rain fury: Photos of flooded streets, uprooted treesCannes 2022: Deepika Padukone stuns at the French Riviera in Sabyasachi outfitRanbir Kapoor And Alia Bhatt's Wedding Pics - Sealed With A KissOscars 2022: Every Academy Award WinnerShane Warne (1969-2022): Australian cricket legend's life in picturesPhotos: What Russia's invasion of Ukraine looks like on the groundLata Mangeshkar (1929-2022): A pictorial tribute to the 'Nightingale of India'PM Modi unveils 216-feet tall Statue of Equality in Hyderabad (PHOTOS)
The 15th Hockey India Senior Men National Championship, set to take place from April 4 to
- Mensik denies Djokovic 100th title in Miami final
- KIPG: Son of a vegetable vendor, Bihar’s Jhandu Kumar eyes Worlds, 2028 Paralympics
- Hardik Singh credits hard work and team unity for receiving HI Midfielder of the Year award
- Djokovic, Alcaraz land in same half of Miami draw
- India to host 2nd Asian Yogasana Championships from March 29 to 31
Jofra Archer fined & handed official written warning, says ECB Last Updated : 18 Jul 2020 08:04:46 PM IST England fast bowler Jofra Archer England fast bowler Jofra Archer has been fined and handed an official written warning after breaching the team's bio-secure protocols for their ongoing three-match Test series against the West Indies, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Saturday.
The ECB said that the decision was made at a meeting that was chaired by ECB's Director of Cricket Ashley Giles and included a representative from the Professional Cricketers' Association and Archer's agent."Following a disciplinary hearing held on Friday evening, 17 July, England cricketer Jofra Archer has been fined an undisclosed amount and received an official written warning after admitting to breaching the team's bio-secure protocols on Monday 13 July when he made an unauthorised visit to his home in Hove," said the ECB in its statement.Archer was withdrawn from England's squad for the second Test to be isolated for five days at Old Trafford. "He will undergo two COVID-19 tests in this period, which have to test negative before his self-isolation period is lifted. He is due to rejoin the rest of the squad on Tuesday 21 July," said the ECB.All-rounder Ben Stokes had earlier called for the team management to support Archer."For us as players, and as the England cricket group, this is a time where our way of operation really needs to come through," Stokes, who scored 176 to guide England to 469 for 9 declared in their first innings of the ongoing second Test, was quoted as saying by ESPNcricinfo."We really need to be there to support Jofra right now, because obviously he's a big talking point, and he is by himself because of everything else going on at the moment."But it's about making sure that he doesn't feel like he's by himself," he added. "The worst thing that we can do right now, as a team, is to just leave him and say 'see you in five, six days' time."Times like these for people are very, very tough. You can feel like you are all by yourself, but I don't think anybody is going to allow that to happen. Jofra is a massive part of this group, as everybody is. If it was anybody else like Jofra, it would be exactly the same way of handling as a team," he added.IANS Manchester For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
172.31.16.186