- PM Modi visit USAOnly the mirror in my washroom and phone gallery see the crazy me : Sara KhanKarnataka rain fury: Photos of flooded streets, uprooted treesCannes 2022: Deepika Padukone stuns at the French Riviera in Sabyasachi outfitRanbir Kapoor And Alia Bhatt's Wedding Pics - Sealed With A KissOscars 2022: Every Academy Award WinnerShane Warne (1969-2022): Australian cricket legend's life in picturesPhotos: What Russia's invasion of Ukraine looks like on the groundLata Mangeshkar (1929-2022): A pictorial tribute to the 'Nightingale of India'PM Modi unveils 216-feet tall Statue of Equality in Hyderabad (PHOTOS)
Jakub Mensik overcame rain and an opponent chasing history when he stunned six-time champi
- KIPG: Son of a vegetable vendor, Bihar’s Jhandu Kumar eyes Worlds, 2028 Paralympics
- Hardik Singh credits hard work and team unity for receiving HI Midfielder of the Year award
- Djokovic, Alcaraz land in same half of Miami draw
- India to host 2nd Asian Yogasana Championships from March 29 to 31
- FA Cup: AFC Bournemouth secure 5-4 penalty shootout win vs Wolves to reach QF
Max Hospital licence cancelled for wrongly declaring baby dead Last Updated : 08 Dec 2017 05:27:56 PM IST Photo:
The Delhi government on Friday cancelled the licence of Max Hospital, Shalimar Bagh in Delhi with immediate effect, after the hospital erroneously declared a newborn dead.
The baby later died in a city nursing home.
Making the announcement, Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain said the hospital can continue the treatment of patients who were currently admitted but cannot admit new patients.
Patients in the hospital can shift to a different hospital if they wish, Jain added.
The Minister said that a final report on an inquiry ordered by the government was submitted to them on Friday and the decision was taken after that.
Jain said last month they had issued notice to Max Hospital Shalimar Bagh for problems in the treatment of patients under EWS (Economically Weaker Sections) category.
Also, the hospital had continued to use extra beds allotted to them for a particular time even after the deadline ended, the Minister said.
The baby boy was declared dead by Max Hospital on November 30 and handed over to the parents in a plastic bag, along with its still-born sister. However, the baby started moving while being taken for burial. The baby was then admitted in a clinic in Pitampura, but died on Wednesday.
IANS For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
172.31.16.186